Thursday, September 01, 2011

First-hand Experience With Wireless Broadband Internet


Thanks to my sister's generosity, I was able to somehow recover from my ill-fated financial condition. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but at least she ended my agony of not having an internet connection. If there's something I learned in the last 2 months, it's my inability to live a happy life without internet.  ^__^

In this day and age of iPhone, tablet PCs, laptops, netbooks, Macbooks, as well as social networking, internet has become a big necessity in our lives. That's the fact that I've learned during the 2 months that I'm OFF. Basically, all I was doing for the past two months is finding a neighbor's wi-fi signal which hopefully doesn't have a security code or go to a nearest internet cafe, burn some cash just to get online. Then I go home to my province twice a month where I have a wired connection. Yeah, life without internet is hellish. ^__^

So for For quite a while, I was searching (and researching) for a good internet subscription to have at home. In the end, I've decided, and it's not something I can only enjoy at home - I can take it anywhere I want. It's the Globe Tattoo Superstick. At first, I was a bit hesitant because of the 24-month lock in period but yes I finally got one and so far I'm enjoying it. There's nothing like being connected anywhere you go even in the office where all non-work related websites are blocked (oh yeah, I HATE WEBSENSE). I have some gripes with it but I believe the problems that I encounter for the most part are very common in wireless connections. Besides, these are often overshadowed by the fact that I can connect to internet and do the things that I usually do - wherever and whenever. Not to mention the device itself is a steal - ZTE MF60 which is usually sold at P7500!



I've been using the Superstick for 2 weeks now, and it's what I'm using to update this blog. I'm very excited to write my review for it and my experiences with it but I want to cover as many factors as I can including hardware, different location tests, individual tests on different devices so I want to test it more. In my next article though, I'll discuss first the factors that I consider whenever I decide which Telco I will subscribe to with regards to internet connection. Stay tuned!


If you like this post, don't forget to subscribe to my RSS feed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates