Sunday, November 13, 2011

Smart Prepaid Sim Replacement for ₱99?!


We went to Smart Wireless Center in Megamall this afternoon to have my old Smart Buddy prepaid sim replaced because none of my cellphones can read it anymore and I need to retain my mobile number. 


The customer service in the wireless center is horribly slow. Most of the time that I was there only two customer service representatives were attending to the crowd of customers waiting in line, then after a long while 3 CSRs came out of nowhere. Where did they come from you ask? I don't know. Probably watched Pacquiao vs. Marquez match today from somewhere.

Then after more than an hour waiting in queue, I told them my concern, gave them my old sim and I was shocked when they charged me ₱99 for the new sim! And no, the new sim won't have additional load at all.

I was not expecting sim replacement to be free at all, but isn't ₱99 a little bit too much? I really wouldn't mind buying a new sim for only ₱40 if not for the people that know this number and contact me from time to time. Or I could have used one of my Globe sim cards here that my father gave me as they don't use it anymore. 

As an additional note sim replacement for postpaid is charged at a ridiculous price of ₱340. Heh, Smart always being the cash cow that it has ever been. 

Out of curiousity, I went down to Globe wireless center to ask their rates for sim replacement. The price for replacement for prepaid sims is ₱40 while the replacement for postpaid sims is ABSOLUTELY FREE. Grr, I'm starting to hate everything about Smart.

Smart's new logo looks ass by the way.

If you like this post, don't forget to subscribe to my RSS feed.

4 comments:

salibot said...

kaya nga smart eh, mautak talaga sila.

Andrew Russel said...

Aside from the old sim ( and the money of course), what are the things that I should bring for the Sim Replacement??

Tetley M said...

gusto mo ata libre, tubig nga may bayad, sim card pa, ok lang P99, imagine mo, ipapasadya mo pa sa system yun, at bago na sim mo. kung namamahalan ka sa P99, dun ka sa P40. utak mo rin. o kaya, sa globe ka. dami mo reklamo, nagmumukha kang tanga

sahil said...

9835022164

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates