Friday, March 09, 2012

Iglesia Ni Cristo Grand Evangelical Mission in Quirino Grandstand


You know that awkward feeling when you see this amount of people in the GEM held by Iglesia Ni Cristo in Quirino Grandstand? Yeah, I know, it's overwhelming, I felt the shivers down my spine because little did I know that it would be THIS huge. It felt like the INC 95th Anniversary all over again.


The picture above was a desperate attempt from me to keep a memory of one the biggest gatherings of Iglesia Ni Cristo in history. Yeah, my phone's camera is an epic fail during events like this but at least I was able to get a decent shot out the 19 pictures that I took (yes that's the best that I've got ^__^)


Brethren started filling up the venue as early as 5 AM in the morning, so it was no surprise that I had a hard time getting near the stage as it was already crowded at around 2 PM, 3 hours before the start time of the Bible exposition. My girlfriend and her officemates who went to the venue a few hours later had no choice but to walk their way to it from Ayala Ave. Traffic was already too heavy and the LRT was too crowded that the line to the ticket booth extended to the streets.


You can imagine how massive this event had become. Media has released their estimates but the numbers are a little bit off, some estimates say it's 200,000, some say 600,000, while I've read a few ones say it's over a million. I'm not gonna give my own estimates here though. And since my Samsung Galaxy Y can't do the job very well, I'll post some more pictures here that I've taken from another source to give you an idea how many people were in the said event in Quirino Grandstand as well as shots taken from other venues. There are 19 venues all in all, so I missed a few of them.
An aerial view of the GEM in Quirino Grandstand during the night
An aerial view of the GEM in Quirino Grand Stand during the day
GEM venue at Freedom Sports Complex, Pili, Camarines Sur
GEM venue at Palawan
Gloria Town Plaza, Mindoro
Tacloban City Convention Center
La Union National High School Sports Complex
Isabela Sports Complex
La Paz Plaza, Iloilo City
General Santos City Gym
Davao Agro-Football Stadium
Cebu City Fuente Osmena
Limketkai Center Cagayan De Oro City
Agusan City
These pictures were taken from the official Facebook page of the Iglesia ni Cristo. Yup, this IS the official one, there's no other, everyone else is fake. Like the page and make sure to follow THE INC official Twitter account as well if you want to get updated about these big events and receive spiritual guidance as well. ^__^

If you like this post, don't forget to subscribe to my RSS feed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011. Powered by Blogger.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best CD Rates